01.09.2015 bis 01.11.2015
Hinweise zur LV
Auf dieser Seite:
This course covers presentation and discussion of topics related to data science. Students are expected to work together in interdisciplinary teams and search for suitable data sets they would like to analyze during the course. Specific topics are determined in the first session and will reflect the specific needs of participants. In addition, students are expected to present chapters of the book "Doing Data Science" (http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920028529.do).
This course focuses on research applying data science techniques.
Upon completion of the course participants will be able to:
- define a research problem that is novel, non-trivial to solve;
- solve the research problem using large amounts of data by applying data science methods;
- present results at scientific conferences.
The course uses a combination of student presentations of group projects and book chapters ("Doing Data Science"), work in interdisciplinary teams, and joint discussion and review of journal articles relevant for data science.
- Preparation and active participation (30%): Assessment of participation in class and preparation in terms of reading preparatory materials;
- Presentation (50%): Quality of own presentations with regard to scientificquality and presentation skills;
- Reviewing others' contributions (20%): Quality of contribution in reviewingother teams' scientific work.
- Admission to doctoral or PhD program
- Topical fit (if in doubt, please contact one of the instructors)
Prof. Dr. Nadia Abou Nabout; email@example.com; +43 1 31336 4900
Invitiations are being sent prior to each session.
Zuletzt bearbeitet: 30.08.2015