The course covers the following areas:
- Information Systems - The purpose and benefits in a digital enterprise
- Information Systems, Organizations and Strategy
- IT infrastructure - Hardware components, Cloud computing, Servers etc.
- Telecommunications, the Internet and Wireless Technology
- Enterprise applications - ERP, Supply Chain Management Software, CRM software
- Common roles in the IT department I.: The IT Analyst - Development process models, requirement engineering
- Common roles in the IT department II: The Test Manager - Test cycles, functional and non-functional test methods
- IT Security - Threats, tools, management and financial aspect of security
- Social issues of Information systems - Ethical and moral dimensions of IS
Course book: selected chapters from Laudon, Jane P., Laudon, Kenneth C. (2017). Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm, 15th Global Edition. Pearson Education Limited.