Although challenging, learning both the front and back-end development of applications is an extremely valuable skill to have. Indeed, full stack developers are in very high demand in the IT industry.
In this course, the students will gain an overview of various technologies and practices used in full-stack development. They will apply the knowledge by developing a simple web application using Python and HTML. Furthermore, the students will learn how to package, install, configure, maintain and secure web applications on a web-server.
After completing this lecture, students will be able to:
- Develop basic web applications in Python and HTML
- Use the command-line to navigate the filesystem and install packages on a web-server
- Package and deploy web applications on a Linux web-server
- Secure web applications
- Use version-control systems to track their code (Git)
- Containerize and deploy applications using Docker
- Understand the basics of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
Attendance is mandatory.
In order to pass this course, students are required to have an attendance of at least 80%. It is therefore allowed to miss max. 2 lectures.
Each lecture begins with a theoretical part, where various concepts of full-stack development will be discussed. The students then apply the knowledge by developing a simple web application. At the end of this course, the students are expected to present a working web application, deployed on a web-server. Group discussions of various issues that arise during development of the web applications will be encouraged.
10pt - Active class participation
- Regular attendance, taking part in discussions, actively working on various programming tasks during the lecture.
40pt - Homework
- Programming exercises
50pt - Final project
- A working web application deployed on a web-server
100% - 90% = Excellent
90% - 76% = Good
75% - 61% = Satisfactory
60% - 50% = Sufficient
49% - 0% = Insufficient