In this class, students will learn and apply techniques and methods to discover, evaluate and realize innovative business ideas. They are guided step-by-step through the process of developing an initially rough idea into a sound business concept. Startup-teams will be build during kick-off, followed by an idea generation/opportunity recognition phase in order to discover their common business idea. This idea will be pursuit over the semester - supported not only by the lecturers but also by experienced external mentors from the field of entrepreneurship (founders, investors). At the end of the term, the students' start-up-teams will have the opportunity to present their business concepts in front of potential investors and other experts at the E&I Touchdown.
|Donnerstag||14.03.2019||10:00 - 18:00||Ort nach Ankündigung|
|Donnerstag||14.03.2019||18:00 - 21:00||Ort nach Ankündigung|
|Mittwoch||20.03.2019||12:00 - 17:00||Ort nach Ankündigung|
|Mittwoch||27.03.2019||14:00 - 16:00||TC.2.02|
|Mittwoch||27.03.2019||17:00 - 20:00||TC.2.02|
|Donnerstag||04.04.2019||17:30 - 22:00||Extern|
|Mittwoch||10.04.2019||14:00 - 17:00||D5.1.004|
|Mittwoch||08.05.2019||14:00 - 17:00||Ort nach Ankündigung|
|Donnerstag||09.05.2019||17:30 - 22:00||Ort nach Ankündigung|
|Mittwoch||15.05.2019||14:00 - 17:00||TC.3.08|
|Dienstag||21.05.2019||17:30 - 22:00||Extern|
|Mittwoch||22.05.2019||14:00 - 17:00||EA.6.032|
|Mittwoch||22.05.2019||18:00 - 21:00||TC.4.01|
|Dienstag||28.05.2019||17:30 - 22:00||Extern|
|Mittwoch||29.05.2019||14:00 - 17:00||TC.3.08|
|Montag||03.06.2019||17:30 - 22:00||Extern|
|Dienstag||04.06.2019||14:00 - 17:00||Ort nach Ankündigung|
|Freitag||07.06.2019||08:30 - 19:30||Ort nach Ankündigung|
|Mittwoch||12.06.2019||16:00 - 21:00||D5.1.004|
After completing this course students will know how to:
- ...search, recognize and assess business opportunities
- ...enrich business ideas by applying appropriate methods and tools
- ...identify customers and their needs
- ...analyze and evaluate the ecosystem around the business idea
- ...develop profitable and sustainable business models
- ...apply creativity techniques.
Furthermore students will acquire relevant complementary skills:
- manage several different stakeholders at once
- structure an innovative, fuzzy project and deal with uncertainty
- manage different ways to target and to arrive at a decision
- summarising the most important outcomes in a pitch-book
- work efficiently in teams through reconising and incorporating individual strengths of each team member
- cope with different work styles, opinions and perspectives
- complementing the team by actively searching for external support to outweigh weaknesses within the core team
- engage in lively discussions and interactive workshops
- structure complex data (project outcomes)
- present project outcomes in different environements and for different target groups (eg. experts, team members)
In order to successfully pass this course, your absence is limited to 20% of our appointments.
Furthermore the full-time presence at the kick-off day(s), the mid-term pitch and the final pitch is obligatory!
The course is built around several coaching sessions and workshops, which are structured to be interactive and combine several teaching methods, eg. team work, open discussions, individual team coachings and coachings by external mentors.
During the kick-off session the basic principles of entrepreneurship, business model design, opportunity recognition and tools to be employed during the semester will be presented and discussed.
The students will be supported in the further development of their ideas by lecturers and external mentors. Regular presentations of results are scheduled. The results of the start-up planning process will be summarized in a pitch-book.
The final grade of the course will depend on
- participation at the internal kick-off meeting (15%)
- idea generaton + goal setting (10%)
- participation during coachings (25%)
- final pitch (20%)
- pitch book (20%)
- reflexion paper (10%)
- peer-ratings can influence the final grade
In order to pass the class, all of these performance indicators have to be positive!
Students are provided with a compendium of articles, handbooks and reading materials during the semester. The compendium will be made available online via email@example.com.
Last-minute changes to appointments should be expected, due to the fact that students will work on a real-life project. Reliability, flexibility, and tolerance for ambiguity are of utmost importance!