Language of instruction
|Thursday||03/07/19||12:00 PM - 02:00 PM||TC.2.03|
|Thursday||03/14/19||12:00 PM - 02:00 PM||TC.2.03|
|Thursday||03/21/19||12:00 PM - 02:00 PM||TC.2.03|
|Thursday||03/28/19||12:00 PM - 02:00 PM||TC.2.03|
|Thursday||04/04/19||12:00 PM - 02:00 PM||TC.2.03|
|Thursday||04/11/19||12:00 PM - 02:00 PM||TC.2.03|
|Thursday||05/02/19||12:00 PM - 02:00 PM||TC.2.03|
|Thursday||05/09/19||12:00 PM - 02:00 PM||TC.4.01|
|Thursday||05/16/19||12:00 PM - 02:00 PM||TC.4.03|
|Thursday||05/23/19||12:00 PM - 02:00 PM||TC.5.15|
|Thursday||06/06/19||12:00 PM - 02:00 PM||TC.2.03|
|Thursday||06/13/19||12:00 PM - 02:00 PM||EA.6.032|
THIS COURSE IS COMMONLY KNOWN AS 'ENGLISH BUSINESS COMMUNICATION 4' (EBC4).
After attending this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a level of general English competence equivalent to C1 (lower) on the Common European Framework ( Common European Framework ) with respect to aural and oral skills;
- understand the structure and language of intermediate-level legal texts in specific business-law related fields;
- understand and use standard legal phrases and apply correctly general and specialized legal terminology associated with the above fields;
- combine these abilities in order to enter effectively into oral discussion about general and specialized concepts in business law, legal systems and procedures.
In addition, this course fosters the following soft skills:
- Improved reading & writing skills
Since this class is held in an LVP Format, attendance is generally not required of regular WU students; still, continuous attendance is, of course, highly recommended.
NOTE: Incoming students are subject to different regulations and must attend at least 70%, i.e. at least seven (7), of all classes.
A.) WU students: Written exam
NOTE: Registration for the course is required to register for the exam, which can be taken at the end of the semester at the earliest. For the material covered and the structure of the exam, please see information on the homepage of the Institute for English Business Communication: https://www.wu.ac.at/en/ebc/student-platform/bachelor/ebc4/
B.) For exchange students who want / need to take an exam the requirements are: class attendance and an exam (oral or written) at the end of the semester
Author: W. Gasser
Edition: latest edition
Remarks: Available at Management Book Service (MBS)
Content relevant for class examination: Yes
Recommendation: Essential reading for all students
Please refer to the homepage of the Institute for English Business Communication: https://www.wu.ac.at/en/ebc/contact/