Within this course, students will write their master thesis.
They will have to perform certain tasks like
- submitting a proposal and discussing it with the course instructors
- doing an interim presetation and
- presenting the main findings of their theses to the course instructors and their colleagues.
After completing the course students will be able to:
- define a research question after having identified a specific problem
- independently perform a scientific problem solving process
- adopt quantitative methods to the research question
- evaluate, to interpret and to discuss relevant datasets
- give an overview of actual scientific knowledge on the area of research.
Furthermore, after completing the course students will be able to:
- organize and to structure information and their own ideas
- integrate the information obtained before into a coherent approach
- breakdown a global problem into partial steps and milestones and to work on it according to a project schedule
- enhance knowledge and information according to a specific target group.
- gather, to assess and to critically summerize the relevant literature
- get to know basic methods of scientific work and to adopt it on the research question chosen appropriate to the level of a master thesis
Specific attendance rules apply for the proposal and final presentation and will be communicated together with the final schedule of these presentations.
Assessment will be based upon:
- Quality of submitted presentation slides (20%)
- Proposal presentation (40%)
- Final presentation (40%)
Successful completion of at least 42 ECTS credits from the first year compulsory common courses.
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org