Wichtiger Hinweis: Diese LV wird in englischer Sprache abgehalten!
Presentation, discussion and teaching of topics related to individual dissertations, conference presentations, journal articles and other topics of scientific practice. Specific topics are determined in the first session and will reflect the specific needs of participants.
This course is particularly geared towards marketing related research topics. A special focus is put on the academic practice in consumer research, marketing communications and related fields of the behavioral sciences.
1. participants are expected to improve with regard to a general understanding of academic practice
2. participants are expected to improve with regard to formal and process related aspects of their own dissertation project
3. participants are expected to improve with regard to theoretical and content related aspects of their own dissertation project
4. participants are expected to gain insights into specialised topic areas in the fields of consumer behavior and marketing communication
Upon completion of the course participants are capable of :
1. creating, presenting and defending a scientifically sound research concept
2. determining how to analyse, interpret and present research results
3. identify boundary conditions and limitations of existing research designs
3. engage in a scientific review process
1. presentations of participants own dissertations (including discussion of methodological and practical issues and implications)
2. inputs on aspects of academic practice
3. discussion and joint reviews of articles
1. preparation and active participation (20 %)
2. quality of own presentation(s) with regard to scientifiy quality and presentation skills (including the formal layout) (50 %)
3. quality of contribution in reviewing scientific work (30%)
admission to doctoral or PhD program
topical fit (if in doubt please contact Prof. Kamleitner)
Bernadette Kamleitner per E-Mail unter: Bernadette.Kamleitner@wu.ac.at, telefonisch unter 313 36 4614