- Basic mathematical vocabulary: Definition, Theorem, Proof,...
- Sums and Products
- Techniques of proof
- sup, inf, max, min
- Sequences (convergence)
Language of instruction
|Wednesday||03/06/19||09:30 AM - 12:00 PM||TC.3.08|
|Monday||03/11/19||02:00 PM - 04:30 PM||TC.5.02|
|Wednesday||03/13/19||09:30 AM - 12:00 PM||TC.3.08|
|Monday||03/25/19||01:30 PM - 04:00 PM||TC.4.13|
|Wednesday||03/27/19||09:30 AM - 12:00 PM||TC.3.08|
|Monday||04/01/19||02:00 PM - 04:30 PM||TC.3.11|
|Wednesday||04/03/19||12:00 PM - 02:30 PM||D2.0.392|
|Monday||04/08/19||02:00 PM - 04:30 PM||TC.3.07|
|Thursday||04/11/19||09:30 AM - 12:00 PM||TC.3.06|
After completing this class the student will have the ability to:
- Understand and use fundamental mathematical vocabulary.
- Recognize and describe different proof techniques and apply them to simple problems.
- Define and explain several mathematical concepts (e.g. function, sequences, convergence etc.) and give examples.
- Analyse and structure (mathematical) problems.
- Read and comprehend simple mathematical texts.
- Present and communicate mathematical problems and their solutions.
Apart from that, the class will contribute to the ability to:
- Participate in group discussions/team work.
≥ 75 % Attendance
The purpose of the class is to give an introduction to basic mathematical concepts and methods as a preparation for the mathematics lectures of the Master in Quantitative Finance curriculum.
The class is mainly taught as a combination of lectures and exercises with homework assignments. Students present their solutions which will be discussed in the group.
- intermediate test (45 %)
- final test (45 %)
- homework assignments + presentation of solutions in class + mini tests (10 %)
Detailed information will be provided in the first unit of the course.