- Basic mathematical vocabulary: Definition, Theorem, Proof,...
- Sums and Products
- Techniques of proof
- sup, inf, max, min
- Sequences (convergence)
|Mittwoch||06.03.2019||09:30 - 12:00||TC.3.08|
|Montag||11.03.2019||14:00 - 16:30||TC.5.02|
|Mittwoch||13.03.2019||09:30 - 12:00||TC.3.08|
|Montag||25.03.2019||13:30 - 16:00||TC.4.13|
|Mittwoch||27.03.2019||09:30 - 12:00||TC.3.08|
|Montag||01.04.2019||14:00 - 16:30||TC.3.11|
|Mittwoch||03.04.2019||12:00 - 14:30||D2.0.392|
|Montag||08.04.2019||14:00 - 16:30||TC.3.07|
|Donnerstag||11.04.2019||09:30 - 12:00||TC.3.06|
After completing this class the student will have the ability to:
- Understand and use fundamental mathematical vocabulary.
- Recognize and describe different proof techniques and apply them to simple problems.
- Define and explain several mathematical concepts (e.g. function, sequences, convergence etc.) and give examples.
- Analyse and structure (mathematical) problems.
- Read and comprehend simple mathematical texts.
- Present and communicate mathematical problems and their solutions.
Apart from that, the class will contribute to the ability to:
- Participate in group discussions/team work.
≥ 75 % Attendance
The purpose of the class is to give an introduction to basic mathematical concepts and methods as a preparation for the mathematics lectures of the Master in Quantitative Finance curriculum.
The class is mainly taught as a combination of lectures and exercises with homework assignments. Students present their solutions which will be discussed in the group.
- intermediate test (45 %)
- final test (45 %)
- homework assignments + presentation of solutions in class + mini tests (10 %)
Detailed information will be provided in the first unit of the course.