Registration via LPIS
Steering innovation successfully— the ability to continuously generate and further develop new ideas is one of the most important organizational skills that separates successful companies from their less successful competitors. Innovation is the foundation of sustainable corporate success. A clear innovation strategy with precise processes along with innovation-friendly organization structures are the basic requirements for successful innovation management.
In the E&I Steering Innovation Successfully course, students learn and practice:
· Identifying and deriving innovation strategies based on defined framework conditions.
· Understanding innovation management processes in a line organization.
· Understanding and initially applying idea generation and evaluation methods.
· Understanding organizational forms and models that promote innovation and critically analyzing existing organigrams and job descriptions.
The course targets students with a sound understanding of the basics of innovation management who enjoy learning based on practical examples and real case studies.
After successfully completing the E&I Steering Innovation Successfully course, students will be able to:
· Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and mastery of methods for deriving innovation strategies from a corporate strategy.
· Display in- depth knowledge of the most important steps in the idea generation and evaluation processes.
· Apply methods for anchoring innovation in an organization.
Students must attend at least 80% of all classes and events to successfully complete the course.
- Lectures including practical examples of innovation strategy, innovation processes, and innovative organizational forms
- Group work (case studies) on selected topics
- Final presentation
Grades will be based on the following assignments:
- Assessment of an individual chapter of the case study: 25% (individual grade)
- Participation: 25% (individual grade)
- Case study findings including presentation: 50% (group grade)
The following students may register for the course:
· Students enrolled in the Entrepreneurship and Innovation specialization program
Please note that course registration is binding. The moment your registration is received, it is regarded as a clear commitment on your part. Students cannot drop the course or transfer to another course (once the add/drop period is over) with no exceptions, as it would be unfair to other students (who might not have gotten into the course of their choice because of the spot you registered for). The number of students accepted to the course will only be expanded if there is no space in any other course 3.