Registration via LPIS
The course provides an introduction to operational management in production industries. The basics of inventory and quality management, and supply chain planning are introduced. The following topics are covered.
- Quality Management
- Demand Planning and Forecasting
- Inventory control using Newsvendor model
- Aggregate Planning
- Short term production planning; Lot Sizing and Scheduling
After successful completion of the module, students will be able to
- explain the theoretical concepts behind and key properties of quality management
- analyze basic inventory control problems and apply appropriate control policies
- apply and evaluate common production planning techniques
- explain the limitations of various supply chain planning methods in a problem context
Attendance of at least 80% of the classes is necessary to fulfill the requirements.
The final mark is composed of:
- Homework assignment (group work), 25%
- In-class assignment (individual) 15%
- Exam (individual) 60%
We require that at least 50% are reached from each of the individual parts (in-class assignments and exam), and at least 60% is reached in total. Additionally attendance is mandatory: no more than one session may be missed.
According to WU's examination regulations, §3, Abs. 9, the following rule applies:
If a student does not attend the first session of a PI course without giving prior notice of his/her absence, he/she will be unsubscribed from the course. The next (present!) student from the waiting list will be enrolled thereafter.
There can only be as many students enrolled in the course as the maximum allowed number of participants.