In the case of limited activity on campus, the course will be held in distance mode
|Donnerstag||07.11.2019||17:00 - 21:00||TC.3.12|
|Donnerstag||14.11.2019||17:00 - 21:00||TC.3.12|
|Donnerstag||28.11.2019||17:00 - 21:00||TC.3.12|
|Freitag||29.11.2019||15:00 - 19:00||TC.3.10|
|Donnerstag||05.12.2019||17:00 - 21:00||TC.3.12|
|Donnerstag||19.12.2019||17:00 - 21:00||TC.3.12|
|Donnerstag||09.01.2020||17:00 - 21:00||TC.3.12|
|Freitag||17.01.2020||15:00 - 18:00||TC.3.10|
- Energy project business cases along the entire value chain (e.g. analysis & evaluation of investment projects, investment decision analysis, make-or-buy-decisions).
- Assessing and evaluating strategies of international energy companies.
- Market entry & exit strategies (e.g. measurement of exposure, setting-up & monitoring of an asset portfolio, measurement of risk & return).
After attending this course, students will be able to (learning outcomes clustered in 5 interlinked areas):
- Analyse, evaluate & interprete energy project business cases (case studies along the entire value chain).
- Analyse, evaluate & interprete strategies of international energy companies.
- Identify, analyse & evaluate market entry & exit strategies and their business plans.
- Analyse, set-up and perform the basics of company evaluations of energy companies along the energy value chain.
- Understand, Analyse & interprete the "big picture" of energy economics and ist place within the energy industry developments.
In addition, this course fosters additionally the following:
- Develop practice (caste studies-based & practical examples)
- Oriented solutions for a specific problem based on theoretical concepts and models
- Develop understanding & analytical knowledge for energy industry and ist linkage to commercial & economic concepts
The content of this course will be delivered throughthe following combination of teaching materials:
A) Case studies, understanding & setting-uppractitioners‘ tools
B) Renowned & current academic publications
C) Reports published by international organizations inthe energy industry, company reports
Completed IB Foundations (Class I – Basics) andApplications (Class II)