After attending this course, students will be able to (learning outcomes clustered in 5 interlinked areas):
- Analyse, evaluate & interprete energy project business cases (case studies along the entire value chain).
- Analyse, evaluate & interprete strategies of international energy companies.
- Identify, analyse & evaluate market entry & exit strategies and their business plans.
- Analyse, set-up and perform the basics of company evaluations of energy companies along the energy value chain.
- Understand, Analyse & interprete the "big picture" of energy economics and ist place within the energy industry developments.
In addition, this course fosters additionally the following:
- Develop practice (caste studies-based & practical examples)
- Oriented solutions for a specific problem based on theoretical concepts and models
- Develop understanding & analytical knowledge for energy industry and ist linkage to commercial & economic concepts
The content of this course will be delivered throughthe following combination of teaching materials:
A) Case studies, understanding & setting-uppractitioners‘ tools
B) Renowned & current academic publications
C) Reports published by international organizations inthe energy industry, company reports
D) Company& market evaluation tools
At the end ofthe course there will be an oral exam, which takes one hour. To pass thecourse 60 % of the points at the final exam have to be achieved.
Additionally to the exam, there are another 2 gradings during the course which are taken upon 2 case studies where students are graded according their inputs and solution proposals (each graded with 20% of the total grade).
Students can improve their grades by a) intense participation in class-discussions and b) intense,good casework.
Completed IB Foundations (Class I – Basics) andApplications (Class II)