Every day decisions as well as grand changes in most companies today are directed by data. In order to make smart marketing decisions one should know the market situation, watch out for competition, be familiar with the preferences of the target group and objectively evaluate the capabilities of a product.
This course covers the base set of topics and focuses on initial development of the skills relevant for data collection, analysis and critical interpretation necessary for marketing decision making.
After the completion of the course students should be able to plan and conduct a marketing research project: collecting, analyzing and interpreting the data and presenting the results convincingly.
In particular the students will be able:
- Define research questions and hypotheses
- Develop a questionnaire
- Collect the data
- Prepare and evaluate the data in SPSS statistics
- Run various statistical tests (T-tests, Chi-square test, Analyses of variance, Correlation and Regression analyses)
- Make critical conclusions and present research outcomes
For the successful completion of the course students are required to attend minimum 80% of the Lectures.
The core topics of the course will be introduced by the lecturer with further in-class discussion. The use of statistical software will also be introduced in class with further possibility of training both in the course of the session and part of homework.
Students are required to study theoretical reading material, practice statistical analysis as preparation for the sessions and for successful completion of the final group project.
The course provides:
- Opportunity of in-class discussions,
- 2 group projects (small training work and final group project)
- Accessible theoretical literature
- Coaching session before the final project presentation
- Possibility to practice and apply statistical method skills
- Quizzes (including theoretical knowledge and practical use of statistical software) – 60%
- Development of the questionnaire – 10%
- Final Project – 30%
from 90 %: Excellent
from 80 %: Good
from 70 %: Satisfactory
from 60%: Sufficient
< 60%: Not Sufficient
Individual appointments by e-mail