The course introduces students to the basic concepts and principles of Project Management. It covers project objectives plan, work break down structure, project scheduling, project stakeholder management, project organisation and roles. Students apply these methods and concepts on their training projects and learn how to consider sustainable development principles in project management. Students will analyse selected project management standards to develop a sound understanding of project management. This interactive course is both theoretically based and hands on. By that it enables students to reflect benefits and limits of Project Management and prepare them to apply Project Management in business context.
Language of instruction
- Understanding of projects as temporary organisations developed.
- · Core project management methods were applied
- · Core PM standards are known
- · Benefits and limits in project management were identified and described
Full attendance and participation in class is expected. You may miss up to 5 hours, but you need to tell the lecturer before
· Assignment 1: Project example (individual work)
· Assignment 2: Project Manual and Vernissage
· Assignment 3: Trends in project management (Presentation)
· Assignment 4: Trends in project management (Paper)
- You are expected to have completed assignments and rework class exercises after each workshop. You are responsible for your training project flip charts, and that you have them either documented or bring them to class.
- PowerPoint lectures and assignments are posted throughout the semester at learn@WU.
- Emails will be sent to students´ university email accounts only.
- An electronic version of the assignments should be submitted through learn@WU, by the date agreed on. Any assignment that is late will receive a score of zero. You need to be able to present the assignments in class.
- If your expectations for the course are not being met or if you are concerned about your grade or other course related matters, please talk to your instructor as soon as possible.
- Full attendance and participation in class is expected. You may miss up to 5 hours, but you need to tell the lecturer before.