Registration via LPIS
|Monday||10/14/19||12:00 PM - 02:00 PM||D2.0.330|
|Wednesday||10/16/19||10:00 AM - 02:00 PM||D2.1.103|
|Thursday||10/31/19||03:30 PM - 06:30 PM||D2.3.103|
|Wednesday||11/13/19||01:00 PM - 03:00 PM||D2.1.103|
|Thursday||11/14/19||01:00 PM - 03:00 PM||D2.1.103|
|Tuesday||12/17/19||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM||D2.0.330|
|Tuesday||01/21/20||09:00 AM - 11:30 AM||D2.1.103|
- Changing focus topics and research problems in IS Management and Control
- Criteria for developing research proposals
- Criteria for conducting research
- Literature reviews
- Research methods
- Epistemological and methodological viewpoints
- Understand the general requirements for research projects in IS Management and Control
- Understand the usual steps and parameters of a literature search and what a good literature review needs to include
- Conduct a systematic literature search to show the state-of-the art in the context of the given research aim
- Select and apply the appropriate methodology to a research problem independently
- Write-up a short seminar paper according to the requirements of academic writing in the field of IS Management and Control
- Select the most important findings to be professionally presented in a concise manner.
- Apply a range of transferable skills such as literature search, analytical skills, application of theory to real life situations, teamwork, presentation, motivation and interpersonal skills.
Mandatory attendance: In order to pass this course an overall attendance of at least 80% is required.
Formative assessment will take place during each session when students can raise questions, discuss topics and present findings. Formal grading of work and learning outcome will include the quality of the research proposal (10%), final research paper (60%) and presentation (20%), and level and quality of active participation (10%). This reflects the multi-step research assignment with different deliverables graded separately.
Students are welcome to discuss course-related issues during weekly surgery hours or by appointment (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).