Due to the constantly increasing dynamics of today’s markets, managers are challenged with the task of initiating and managing organizational change initiatives to ensure long-term firm success. The objective of this course is to enhance students’ understanding of the fundamentals of designing and implementing change processes in organizations. We will discuss drivers, dimensions, and outcomes of change processes in international companies. The course bridges theory and practice through discussions of examples of international companies and a guest lecture.
- Introduction to organizational change and redesign
- Drivers of change
- Dimensions of change (Strategy, Structure, People, and Processes)
- Goals and outcomes of change processes
- Change management and change leadership
- The practitioner’s view: guest lecture