1808 Paid Advertising - Growing Companies through Google Ads and Analytics
Mag. Pamela Wagner
18.09.2019 bis 26.09.2019
Anmeldung über LPIS
Hinweise zur LV
Google Ads is not just one of the oldest online advertising platforms, but it has also been the inspiration for many others - Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Yandex Ads, Amazon Ads, and many more. Understanding and being able to manage the vast jungle of settings in Ads gives you an incredible lever. You will not just be able to handle advertising budgets efficiently, but to turn them into a sustainable source of long-term revenue.
Through creating your own account and campaigns during the course, you will not just get to put the theory straight into practice, but also get a closer understanding of the application of the herein taught principles and strategies.
Once you’re done with the course, you’re all set to take the Google Ads certification and don’t just end it with some more ECTS points but an actual valuation of your skills which is known in the entire marketing industry.
Upon completing this learning experience, you’re able to structure an Ads account, set up all kinds of campaigns, know the KPIs you should look out for, manage and optimize ads efficiently, and how to apply a certain budget.
Lernergebnisse (Learning Outcomes)
After completing this course, you will be able to
1. structure an Ads account
2. set up search, display, app, YouTube, and Shopping campaigns
3. acquire advanced knowledge about mobile campaigns, remarketing, and optimization of campaigns
4. know how to manage and optimize Google ads efficiently
5. use the basics of Google Analytics and Merchant Center to further enhance the ROI of your advertising efforts.
80% attendance is required.
Ads is an incredibly complex platform with many opportunities when mastered successfully. However, to get there it takes quite some practice and awareness of the
many different options. It’s not impossible to take that journey when approaching it all in a structured way:
1. Account structure: What makes an efficient account? What campaign types help you drive what business goal? This is a big part of the 90% of an iceberg
that you don’t see, but a crucial factor in creating a sustainable basis for longterm growth.
2. Targeted Ads: Learn and test techniques to create compelling ads through organized ad groups and campaigns. Discover what makes an efficient Call-To-Action and various advanced tips and tricks to help you convert more People.
3. Keywords: Learn the proper methods to find the best keywords that will drive the most traffic to your website while also keeping cost per click down to maximize
your profit. We will use the Google Keyword Planner, discover the various settings which are the key to success with attracting the right people to your homepage.
4. Ad Extensions: Discover the easiest way to outperform your competitors and get even better leads to your homepage. Add phone numbers, locations, prices, simple snippets of information, or much more to your ad to make it bigger, stand out more, and increase the Click-Through-Rate.
5. Metrics/KPIs: When do you actually know that a campaign is working? What are some competitive metrics that you can use to compare your company with others in the industry?
6. Remarketing: Only 2% of your website visitors convert on their first visit. What are you going to do to get the remaining 98% back? You don’t want to miss out on all that revenue, do you?
7. Google Analytics: Get to know the basics behind data analysis with one of the most powerful and free tools out there.
At the end of this course, you’ll be well prepared to take the Google Ads Certificate exam, and got a worldwide recognized certification in your hands.
Leistung(en) für eine Beurteilung
Weights for each grading component used to compute your final grade:
• 20% of the final grade is based on in-class participation
• 15% of the final grade is based on your pre-class assignment
• 40% of the final grade is based on the 2 in-class exams, whereas there will be 1 smaller exam (each 15%) and the final exam (25%), which will simulate parts of the Ads certification exam.
• 25% of the final grade is based on the group project
Class structure: You will pre-read/watch content about the topics, then we’ll discuss them in class and discover the new knowledge through hands-on learning. The lecture will be led according to the flipped classroom principle.
Bonus Task (not mandatory):
In addition, you will receive a maximum of 5% by successfully passing the official Google Ads Certification exam within 2 weeks after the last class.
For our course we have the following scale:
< 60% fail (5)
60% bis 69,99% sufficient (4)
70% bis 79,99% satisfactory (3)
80% bis 89,99% good (2)
>= 90% excellent (1)
Please note that to ensure an equal contribution of group members for the group assignment, a peer assessment will be conducted among group members, which enters into the computation of the individual grades for your group work. This means that the members of a group are required to assess other students regarding their relative contribution.
Erreichbarkeit des/der Vortragenden
I am happy to answer your questions so feel free to send me a short email. I will also try to be available in the classroom after each class or during the breaks of each class.
Please do not expect that I answer long emails with numerous questions to topics of the class! It is usually much more productive to meet and discuss your questions in person.
Task: When working at an agency or big company, it is absolutely common to work as a team on a bigger account. As a team, you will utilize the skills of each Person. Therefore, you will see different elements. Your task is to do research, prepare an account structure, and create ads as well as extensions. You will not just submit a strategy playbook but also present it in a 5-min video, which you record at your own convenience!
Attention: This task will have several sub-tasks to help you complete it in time. Keep an eye on them:
Part I: What are you going to advertise? Why? What do you hope to get out of the ads?
Part II: What are you going to test? What is the account structure? What campaigns are you going to use?
Part III: Draft ads - set it up in an actual account.
Final: Submit a video explaining your account structure and campaign setup.
Frei definierbares Kommentierungsfeld
Bonus Task: Google AdWords Certification
Task: By completing this exam successfully, you will leave the course with a certification that is highly valuable in the professional world. Furthermore, it is an add-on to your education and a well-sought-after proof of skill in the marketing world. Make sure that you’ve got stable internet connection as any internet interruption could mean that your exam ends early and you need to start all over.
You will receive a max. of 5% for this task. This task is not mandatory!