Young Negotiator Initiative (YNI), is hosted by the Vienna School and organized by a dedicated YNI Core Team 2020 to support young professionals to claim their place at the negotiation table, cooperating across borders and generations. The goals include expanding the professional and personal skill set regarding negotiation, communication, cooperation, conflict and leadership. The key methodologies and objectives of the 5-day intense program on negotiation are:
Interest-based Negotiations (Fisher, Ury, Patton) based on “Getting to Yes” and related books including Harvard case studies
· Understand the other side’s interests and the art of active listening
· Power of alternatives and innovative options
· Prepare yourself and your team based on the 7 ELEMENTS
· Diagnose causes in real life cases based on the CIRCLE CHART
· Take a good look at substance – people – process: MEETING DESIGN
· Explore different negotiation styles and sharpen your awareness to common tactics
· Design a multiparty negotiation process, conduct and debrief (Harvard case simulation)
Process Communication Model® (by Taibi Kahler, Ph.D.)
· Sharpen your understanding of different personality types and their character traits
· Understand communication preferences as well as the role of psychological needs concerning distress behaviour.
· Increase self-management and your agility when negotiating by using tailored interventions.
Leading Out of Drama® (by Next Element)
· Tame energy vampires with compassion and its three core skills: open, resourceful and persistent
· Strengthen your resilience by practicing Compassionate Conflict and managing drama risks and behavior.