The course familiarizes students with international dimensions of organizational behaviour. Topics to be covered will be:
- Frameworks of Cross-Cultural Variability of Organizational Behaviour
- Culture Dimensions and Culture Standards
- Culture sensitivity training and Culture-specific training
- Intercultural Communication and Negotiation
- Intercultural Competence
- Conflict Management/ Intercultural Conflicts
- Multicultural Teams
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- develop an in-depth knowledge about the concept of culture and its theoretical links to organizational behaviour
- learn about relevant dimensions of cross-cultural variability and their relevance for organizational behaviour
- gain an in-depth knowledge about relevant fields of organizational behaviour from an international and intercultural perspective
- competently identify critical issues in looking at research on the international dimensions of organizational behaviour
- be sensitive about cultural differences and appropriate intercultural behaviour in organizational contexts.
The course is composed of:
- Lectures led by academic staff member introducing basic areas of knowledge
- Group presentations dealing with specific topics
- Written papers by students analysing a topic of interest in depth
- Tasks to be prepared for the next session either individually or as a group which you will be informed of one session before
- Group based discussions
- Group discussions
- Experiential activities
- All class members are expected to participate
The following assessment will apply for this course:
- Regular Attendance is Obligatory!
- Assignments (40%)
- Classroom Participation (20%)
- Presentation in Teams (40%)
For participants of the Cross-Functional Management program and WU incoming exchange students.
For questions concerning enrolment and waiting lists please contact the CFM coordinator at email@example.com
All students must attend the first class!
Mag. Dr. Christiane Erten: firstname.lastname@example.org
For administrative matters and registration please contact email@example.com