In case of limited activity on campus most units will take place online via MS Teams. Examinations (in particular mid term and final exam but also short presentations) will take place - if possible - on campus in rotation mode.
|Montag||12.10.2020||10:00 - 12:30||Online-Einheit|
|Montag||19.10.2020||10:00 - 12:30||Online-Einheit|
|Montag||02.11.2020||10:00 - 12:30||Online-Einheit|
|Montag||09.11.2020||10:00 - 12:30||Online-Einheit|
|Montag||16.11.2020||10:00 - 12:30||Online-Einheit|
|Montag||23.11.2020||10:00 - 12:30||Online-Einheit|
|Donnerstag||26.11.2020||13:00 - 15:30||Online-Einheit|
|Montag||30.11.2020||10:00 - 12:30||Online-Einheit|
|Donnerstag||03.12.2020||13:00 - 15:30||Online-Einheit|
|Montag||07.12.2020||10:00 - 12:30||Online-Einheit|
|Donnerstag||10.12.2020||13:30 - 16:30||Online-Einheit|
|Montag||14.12.2020||10:00 - 12:30||Online-Einheit|
|Donnerstag||17.12.2020||13:00 - 15:30||Online-Einheit|
|Montag||11.01.2021||10:00 - 13:00||Online-Einheit|
|Donnerstag||14.01.2021||13:00 - 15:30||Online-Einheit|
|Montag||18.01.2021||10:00 - 13:30||Online-Einheit|
|Donnerstag||21.01.2021||13:30 - 16:30||Online-Einheit|
|Freitag||05.02.2021||10:30 - 12:00||Online-Einheit|
After attending this session and studying its contents thoroughly students should be able to define the following concepts, to comprehend the concepts and explain their meaning, to state and explain the main results and to solve problems by applying the concepts.
- Basic calculus and algebra
- Linear algebra
- Multivariate calculus
- Static optimization
After completing this course the student will have the ability to:
- Describe, explain, and work with the basic concepts and definitions of linear algebra, one- and multivariable analysis, topology, static optimization.
- Organize and integrate ideas and information from analysis and linear algebra.
- Solve applied problems where skills are required from analysis and linear algebra.
For this lecture participation is obligatory. Students are allowed to miss a maximum of 20% (no matter if excused or not excused).
The course is taught as a lecture accompanied with weekly tutorials. The lectures are aimed at providing the theoretical framework, while the tutorials help students to comprehend the key ideas of the lectures. The tutorials are based on the week’s lecture and include relevant mathematical problems that have to be solved and discussed. Students present prepared problems (exercises as homework) and work on new ones in the class.
- 20% weekly tutorials, presentation of problems, homework
- 40% midterm exam and 40% final exam
There will be no opportunity to retake the exams.
- Necessary: Successful admission to the Spezialisierung Wirtschaftsmathematik.
- Advantageous: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as: Basic set theory, convergence of sequences and functions, linear mappings and matrices, integration, derivative.
The books from "Schaum´s Outline Series" contain short but self-contained reviews of the mathematical concepts and a large collection of problems with solutions. Hence they are an ideal source for additional exercises.