In case of limited activity on campus, this course will be held distance mode.
|Donnerstag||01.10.2020||08:30 - 13:30||Online-Einheit|
|Donnerstag||08.10.2020||08:30 - 13:30||Online-Einheit|
|Freitag||09.10.2020||08:30 - 13:30||Online-Einheit|
This course will deal with the following aspects in connection with business communication in English:
- Communicative competence
- Spoken and written fluency
- Coherence and cohesion
- Grammatical accuracy
- Phonological control
After completing this course, students should be better able, among other things, to
- engage in strategic communication (oral and written)
- understand the methods and nuances of communicating with diverse stakeholder groups
- give clear, well-structured oral presentations
- be able to recognise and apply persuasive rhetorical devices
- give constructive feedback
You may miss NO MORE than a max. of 2 academic hours (that is, 2x45mins) across the entire course.
Students will be provided with various inputs outlining the basic skills required with regard to internal and external stakeholder communication. Based on that information, students will have to apply their theoretical know-how to practical use; this will include analysing and engaging in communication with a focus on persuasive rhetorical skills. Specific tasks in the course will include giving presentations and writing persuasive messages, as well as participating in spontaneous speaking activities.
- brief written tasks (in groups and individual); e.g., drafting a CoP letter (40%)
- active participation in class discussions, group work (10%)
- an in-class presentation (content, communication skills, persuasiveness, and language proficiency, 40%)
- constructive feedback to other presentation groups (10%)
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org