80% attendance is required.
Registration via LPIS
|Wednesday||12/02/20||12:00 PM - 04:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Friday||12/04/20||09:00 AM - 01:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Wednesday||12/09/20||09:00 AM - 01:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Friday||12/11/20||09:00 AM - 01:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Wednesday||12/16/20||09:00 AM - 01:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Friday||12/18/20||09:00 AM - 01:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
Google Ads is not just one of the oldest online advertising platforms, but it has also been the inspiration for many others - Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Yandex Ads, Amazon Ads, and many more. Understanding and being able to manage the vast jungle of settings in Ads gives you an incredible lever. You will not just be able to handle advertising budgets efficiently, but to turn them into a sustainable source of long-term revenue.
Through creating your own account and campaigns during the course, you will not just get to put the theory straight into practice, but also get a closer understanding of the application of the herein taught principles and strategies.
Once you’re done with the course, you’re all set to take the Google Ads certification and don’t just end it with some more ECTS points but an actual valuation of your skills which is known in the entire marketing industry.
Upon completing this learning experience, you’re able to structure an Ads account, set up all kinds of campaigns, know the KPIs you should look out for, manage and optimize ads efficiently, and how to apply a certain budget.
After completing this course, you will be able to
1. structure an Ads account
2. set up Search, Display, App, YouTube, and Shopping campaigns
3. acquire advanced knowledge about mobile campaigns, remarketing, and optimization of campaigns
4. know how to manage and optimize Google ads efficiently
5. use the basics of Google Analytics and Merchant Center to further enhance the ROI of your advertising efforts.
Ads is an incredibly complex platform with many opportunities when mastered suc-cessfully. However, to get there it takes quite some practice and awareness of the many different options. It’s not impossible to take that journey when approaching it all in a structured way:
1. Account structure: What makes an efficient account? What campaign types help you drive what business goal? This is a big part of the 90% of an iceberg that you don’t see, but a crucial factor in creating a sustainable basis for long-term growth.
2. Targeted Ads: Learn and test techniques to create compelling ads through organized ad groups and campaigns. Discover what makes an efficient Call-To Action and various advanced tips and tricks to help you convert more people.
3. Keywords: Learn the proper methods to find the best keywords that will drive the most traffic to your website while also keeping cost per click down to max-imize your profit. We will use the Google Keyword Planner, discover the various settings which are the key to success with attracting the right people to your homepage.
4. Ad Extensions: Discover the easiest way to outperform your competitors and get even better leads to your homepage. Add phone numbers, locations, prices, simple snippets of information, or much more to your ad to make it bigger, stand out more, and increase the Click-Through-Rate.
5. Metrics/KPIs: When do you actually know that a campaign is working? What are some competitive metrics that you can use to compare your company with others in the industry?
6. Remarketing: Only 2% of your website visitors convert on their first visit. What are you going to do to get the remaining 98% back? You don’t want to miss out on all that revenue, do you?
7. Google Analytics: Get to know the basics behind data analysis with one of the most powerful and free tools out there.
At the end of this course, you’ll be well prepared to take the Google Ads Certificate exam, and got a worldwide recognized certification in your hands.
Weights for each grading component used to compute your final grade:
• 25% of the final grade is based on in-class participation, which is split up into the following parts:
o YouTube Ads Discussion Board entry (5%): since its acquisition in 2006, YouTube has been a steady part of Google and its revenue. Covering this important platform for our everyday lives, you’re expected to research about and post the best YouTube Ad according to your assessment. You will find further instructions for this task in the forum for the discussion board.
o In-class participation (10%): actively participating in the learning process is key to efficient skill acquisition.
o In/Post-Class Reflections (5%): At the end of each class, you’ll be given around 10 minutes to contribute an individual reflection which you will post on the respective discussion board/forum. Taking a few minutes to write down what you have learned and reflect on the new knowledge helps you retain it better. You will find further instructions for this task in the forum for the discussion board.
o In-class pop quizzes (5%): on Day 2, 4, and 5, after reviewing the material from the prior class day, you’ll do a short, 4-5 questions quizz. This is not graded and solely there for you to have another option to practice and reflect on your knowledge. Submitting it will count as completed.
• 15% of the final grade is based on your pre-class assignment, which is due on November 26, 2020. Make sure to have an eye on the assignments as well as the respective deadlines. You will receive a reminder and see more instructions on MyLearn.
• 35% of the final grade is based on 2 in-class exams, whereas there will be a mid-course exam (10%) on Day 3 and the final exam (15%) on Day 6, which will simulate parts of the Google Ads Certification exam.
• 25% of the final grade is based on the group project.
There won’t be any homework.
Class structure: You will receive the slides for each day in advance of the class and are expected to read them prior to each day. This flipped classroom principles allows you to discover the new knowledge through hands-on learning and get a very practical experience.
Bonus Task (not mandatory):
In addition, you will receive a maximum of 5% by successfully passing the official Google Ads Certification exam within 2 weeks after the last class. This gives you an extra chance to improve your grade.
The transformation of your grade on the 100% scale looks like this:
• 1: 100% - 90%
• 2: 89% - 80%
• 3: 79% - 70%
• 4: 69% - 60%
• 5: Below 60%
I am happy to answer your questions during class. I will also try to be available in the classroom after each class or during the breaks of each class.
Please do not expect that I answer long emails with numerous questions to topics of the class! It is usually much more productive to meet and discuss your questions in person.
If you have questions before class, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Task: When working at an agency or big company, it is absolutely common to work as a team on a bigger account. As a team, you will utilize the skills of each person. Therefore, you will see different elements. Your task is to do research, prepare an account structure, and create campaigns with ads as well as extensions (min. 1 campaign/person). You will not just submit a 2-page strategy playbook outlining your rough strategy and eventual additional campaigns, but also present it in a 5- min video, which you record at your own convenience!
2-Page Strategy Playbook
In this 2-page document, you need to:
• Showcase that you've done some background research about your company (max. 5-6 sentences)
• Outline the general account structure
• Highlight why you chose to create the campaigns you are creating
• Mention the goal for the campaigns
• Highlight which person has created which campaign.
You can choose whether every person records their own campaign and explains it, or if one person speaks about all campaigns. Your task is to take me through each of the campaigns your group has created and highlight the settings, Keywords, Ads, Extensions, Audiences, and any other aspect that is relevant and key for a campaign to be set up well. Since you only have 5 minutes, there is no need to repeat any information that you put in the strategy playbook.
You can upload the video on any platform and will post the link to it in the text entry box as part of your submission. You have to make sure that the video is accessible to me before the deadline. If the video is not accessible after the deadline, it counts as not submitted. Therefore, it is your own responsibility to doublecheck and make sure that it works. Any content that exceeds the 5-minute mark will count as not submitted.
Bonus Task: Google Ads Certification
Task: By completing this exam successfully, you will leave the course with a certification that is highly valuable in the professional world. Furthermore, it is an add-on to your education and a well-sought-after proof of skill in the marketing world. Make sure that you’ve got stable internet connection as any internet interruption could mean that your exam ends early and you need to start all over.
You will receive 5% for this task if you complete the steps below before the deadline. This task is not mandatory, but represents and additional opportunity to get a valuable certificate outside of class and add a few bonus points to your grade.
1. Go here to access the certificate and additional preparation material: https://skillshop.exceedlms.com/student/path/18128-google-ads-search-certification (you have to be logged in with a Google account in order to access this page).
2. Click on "Google Ads Search Assessment" to access the exam. Schedule ~1.5h to get it done.
3. Once you have passed, upload a full screenshot of the result (date & time must be visible on your laptop screen) here.