The course is held in six sessions structured as follows:
- Trade Environment and Export/Import Operations
- Customs Practices and Trade Facilitation
- Risk-, Security- and Compliance Management
- Trade Management: contracting issues, trade terms (esp. Incoterms 2020) and terms of payment.
- Transport Management: documentary paperwork, insurance and liability issues.
- In-class Case Study about Transport Management Issues
This sequence of sessions may change due to availablility of lecturers.
At the end of this second course, students should have a basic knowledge about actual trade practice, including contracting, customs, documentary paperwork, transport management as well as security, compliance and risk management issues. This should enable them to plan successfully shipping and handling for international goods movements.
Attendance of minimum 80% (or 5/6 sessions) is mandatory. This ia also valid when we switch to online live mode.
This semester, teaching will be in sychronous hybrid mode: a mixture of class room teaching and remote online sessions (via ZOOM) in parallel. Only if absolutely necessary this class would switch to full distance mode. Even in the remote format, the sessions will take place within the announced time slots.
Assessment of the performance of the students takes place through
- 80% case study analysis,
- 20% individual assignment as homework
The first is assessed in form of a Remote Take Home Exam.
Grading scale is as follows:
- Excellent (1): 90.0% - 100.0%
- Good (2): 75.0% - <90.0%
- Satisfactory (3): 62.5% - <75.0%
- Sufficient (4): 50.0% - <62.5%
- Fail (5): <50.0%
Prerequisite for passing the course: minimum performance of 50% in the Remote Take Home Exam.
For BBE-students (Course IV of Specialization Supply Chain and Operations Management (SCOM) or as a free elective) and WU incoming exchange students.
If you have questions concerning enrolment and waiting lists, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All students must attend the first class!
Upon request, see: email@example.com