This course is project-based. Together with a selected Partner (Österreichischer Arbeitskreis für Corporate Governance), students will identify topics and trends of strategic importance to this partner and present them to its management.
This part of the project includes work on recommendations and implementation suggestions for the partner.
(For the first part of the class, see course 0737)
After completing this course students will be able to:
- conduct systematic literature reviews
- critically read and make sense of research articles
- structure complex business problems
- design and implement research projects
Apart from that, completing this course will contribute to students' abilities to:
- organize and manage a large-scale project in the field of strategic management and management control
- structure complex and ill-defined problems
- apply theoretical knowledge from different fields to find creative hands-on solutions to real-life business problems.
In order to successfully pass this course, your absence is limited to 20% of all appointments.
The course grading system is based on:
• Individual Performance (20 %)
• Group Performance (25 %)
• Final Report & Final Presentation (35 %)
• Peer review II (20 %)
- Excellent ≥87,5%
- Good ≥75,0%
- Satisfactory ≥62,5%
- Sufficient ≥50,0%
- Fail <50,0%
The First session (05.10.2021), as well, as the Kick-off days (11-12.10.2021) of the course 0737 are compulsory! More information will follow in due course.
The course will be held in German and English. Knowledge of German is required!