Every day decisions as well as grand changes in most companies today are directed by data. In order to make smart marketing decisions one should know the market situation, watch out for competition, be familiar with the preferences of the target group and objectively evaluate the capabilities of a product.
This course covers the base set of topics and focuses on initial development of the skills relevant for data collection, analysis and critical interpretation necessary for marketing decision making.
After the completion of the course students should be able to plan and conduct a marketing research project: collecting, analyzing and interpreting the data and presenting the results convincingly.
In particular the students will be able:
- Define research questions and hypotheses
- Develop a questionnaire
- Collect the data
- Prepare and evaluate the data in available statistical software (MSExcel)
- Run various statistical tests (T-tests, Chi-square test, Analyses of variance, Correlation and Regression analyses)
- Make critical conclusions and present research outcomes in a comprehensive way
For the successful completion of the course students are required to complete minimum 80% of the Online-Lectures (including the completion of in-lecture individual exercises).
Flexible scheduling: Students will have the flexibility to complete online lecture flows in their preferred time and pace within the completion time. Specifically, each online lecture flow should be completed within 3 days from the scheduled date of the class (from Monday to Friday of the respective lecture weeks).
Students have to be available for the completion of the online course quizzes for one hour starting at the class scheduled time. Specifically:
- Quiz I -scheduled time of Lecture 2
- Quiz II - scheduled time of Lecture 5
- Quiz III - scheduled time of Lecture 6
Students have to be available during the entire time of the scheduled final session
- Lecture 8 - scheduled time of Lecture 8
Most part of the course will take place online by means of dynamic lecture flow facilitating interactive hands-on learning and timely personal feedback.
The core topics of the course will be introduced by the lecturer with further in-class examples, video explanations and exercises. The use of statistical software will also be introduced in online class flow with further possibility of training both in the course of the sessions in the form of in-class exercises and as part of homework.
Students are required to study theoretical reading material, practice statistical analysis as preparation for the sessions, and for successful completion of the final group project.
The course provides:
- Opportunity of individual lecturer2student interaction based on dynamic lecture format,
- Hands-on learning of data analysis, evaluation and interpretation
- 2 group projects (creation of own survey and final group project)
- Accessible theoretical literature
- Coaching session before quizzes and the final project presentation
- Home assignment - 5%
- Class participation (esp. completion of in-class exercises) - 5%
- Quizzes (including theoretical knowledge and practical use of statistical software) – 50%
- Development of the questionnaire – 10%
- Final Project – 30%
from 90 %: Excellent
from 80 %: Good
from 70 %: Satisfactory
from 60%: Sufficient
< 60%: Not Sufficient
Aufnahme in die SBWL Marketing
Basic MSExcel Knowledge (if abset, materials for self-study will be provided at the beginning of the course)
Individual appointments by e-mail