This course allows students to gain insights into timely topics. The course captures the most current issues in contemporary marketing and consumer research. Hence, its content may change every semester as we invite different international experts from academia and practice to share their knowledge with our students. “Marketing Insights” provides a platform for in-depth and critical discussions of marketing and consumer research questions that are of academic, applied and societal relevance. It challenges students to apply their customer-centered knowledge to a broader context of real-world problems. Moreover, it adds to their professional training in marketing and consumer research.
03.11. Guest talk: Dr. Gabriele Stanek, Werberätin, langjährige Werbeakademie-Direktorin, Head Key Account UNICEF
10.11. Guest talk: Nina Ganahl, Marketing Director Nespresso Österreich
11.11. Henkel CEE GmbH: m.core Real World Experience: Half-day workshop with real life case study, guest talks, assignments
24.11. Guest talk: Sandra Schaffer, Head of Marketing & Personal Bäckerei Öfferl
25.11. Excursion: LOOP, Salzburg
17.12. My favorite fact in Marketing group presentations
The aim of this course is to strengthen competencies in the following areas:
- Application of core topics in Marketing
- Receiving insights into the Marketing of selected companies
- Discussion platform with leading decision makers in the national and international Marketing landscape
- Working with and analyzing multimedia resources
- Working on real cases and learning how to apply theoretical knowledge in pracitice
Min. 80% attendance is mandatory.
Important: Please only enrole in this course, if you are sure you can attend all guest talks and excursions. This is important for the planning and organization of this course. Thank you!
A detailed schedule will follow in due time.
An agenda and further information about all sessions including the excursions and guest talks as well as the tasks and assessment will be provided in the first session.
The didactic approach of this course is a mix of theoretical-conceptual input and applied elements.
The course consits of the following components:
- Group work and presentations
- Working with internationally relevant academic papers
- Working with multimedia resources
- Critical discussions of current topics
- Guest talks
- Excursions and m.core real world experience
- Group work and presentations (40%)
- Group report (30%)
- Preparatory work for the guest talks and excursions (30%)
90,00 - 100,00%: Excelllent (1)
80,00 - 89,99%: Good (2)
70,00 - 79,99%: Satisfactory (3)
60,00 - 69,99%: Sufficient (4)
0 - 59,99%: Fail (5)