- The Goods Market: Which are the components of demand?
- Financial Markets: What happens if the ECB changes its interest rate?
- The Labor Market: Which role does collective bargaining play in different countries?
- Inflation and Deflation: Is there really a negative relation between inflation and unemployment?
- Balance of Payments: What might be the results of a persistent current account deficit?
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy: Under which circumstances may fiscal policy increase production? In which cases is monetary policy more suitable? Where are the limits to these policy measures?
- Exchange Rates: Under which circumstances should an economy adopt a fixed exchange rate regime? When are flexible exchange rates more suitable? What are the implications of a devaluation?
- Shocks to Demand and Supply: What were the consequences of the increase in oil prices in the 1970ies? Which are the effects of fiscal consolidation on output? How can a recession be counteracted?
- Exchange Rate Crises: How can rumors trigger an exchange rate crises?
- Financial Crisis: What were the macroeconomic implications of the decline in house prices in the US in 2006 and the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers?