The Internship Seminar is a mandatory element of a (voluntary) credit-seeking internship taken in the course of the Business and Economics bachelor's program. It introduces you to the objectives of an internship and helps you to structure and evaluate your learning experiences during the internship. Additionally, you will be engaged in reflecting your own and your peers' learnings during your internships and get insights into job market options.
Language of instruction
|Monday||01/17/22||09:30 AM - 03:30 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Friday||01/21/22||09:30 AM - 03:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Monday||01/24/22||09:30 AM - 03:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Friday||01/28/22||09:30 AM - 03:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
After successful completion of the course you will be able to
- assess your learning experiences during an internship
- evaluate your individual strengths and weaknesses in relation to the tasks of your chosen internship
- identify areas of personal improvement to succeed in your next internship/first job after graduation
- present key infomation about your internship to your peers
You are required to attend all online sessions.
A detailed video describing the requirements of the internship seminar can be found on the website https://www.wu.ac.at/en/students/my-program/bachelors-student-guide/student-guide-english-taught-bachelors-programs/praktikumsseminar
- Internship presentation
- Class discussions including giving and receiving feedback
- Guest lecture by a career expert of WU ZBP Career Center
- Written internship report - Please upload the internship report on LEARN by December 20, 2021.
- Internship confirmation - The internship confirmation has to be uploaded seperately on LEARN by December 20, 2021. Please provide your internship supervisor with the form available on the website (see step 5): https://www.wu.ac.at/en/students/my-program/bachelors-student-guide/student-guide-english-taught-bachelors-programs/praktikumsseminar
- Online presentation - you will give the presentation online during the online sessions. The presentation does not necessarily need to be a classical powerpoint presentation. You may be creative :)
- Participation and feedback during online sessions
A detailed video describing the requirements of the performance components can be found on the website: https://www.wu.ac.at/en/students/my-program/bachelors-student-guide/student-guide-english-taught-bachelors-programs/praktikumsseminar
This course will be taught via distance learning. You have to present online during synchroneous distance teaching sessions. During these sessions presentations will be discussed. The presentation schedule will be published during the first class.
The completion of an approved internship is prerequisite for the course.
If you have questions, please contact the instructor by e-mail: