The aim of this course is to provide students with the frameworks to solve innovation related challenges that companies constantly face. In order to grant the full understanding and acquisition of these frameworks, the course is structured in lectures, workshops, and coaching sessions that revolve around a real innovation challenge faced by a Partner Company. This setting offers to students the opportunity to practically apply and test the concepts learned in class.
Students will develop ways to drive corporate innovation. Equipped with state-of-the-art tools to foster capabilities, manage complex projects, and analyze innovation and entrepreneurial potential, students will take the role of top-management consultants and work in teams to solve the real life corporate innovation challenged faced by the Partner Company.
Mirroring the approach of top management consultancies, teams are formed based on individual background, competence, and industry experience.
This course expects students to dedicate to constant high performance and to create excellent deliverables. In return, students participating in this course will receive a hands-on training pivotal for becoming a(n) (innovation) manager or a top management consultant with an entrepreneurial mindset.
After completing this highly interactive and practice-oriented course, students will have advanced their knowledge of and skills in:
Innovation Management and (Corporate) Entrepreneurship
- Identifying innovation related challenges that incumbent company face and apply tools to solve these challenges and foster innovation related capabilities in the company
- Using and state-of-the-art concepts and tools to develop solutions tailored to client needs
- Developing roadmaps for project implementation
Top Management Consulting & Project Management
- Successfully working with high-profile clients in consulting projects
- Applying tools to organize and coordinate complex and demanding consulting projects
- Building industry-related knowledge
Team Management & Communication Management
- Successfully and joyfully working in interdisciplinary and international teams
- Presenting with impact in front of senior executives
- Communicating complex findings in a structured and easy way
Mandatory attendance of all students at 1) kick-off, 2) mid-term presentation, 3) final presentation
Mandatory attendance of a minimum of members per team for remaining sessions - for details see kick-off
· 40% Project Deliverables (Group Assessment)
· 20% Mid-term Presentation (Group Assessment)
· 20% Final Presentation (Group Assessment)
· 10% Professional Growth and In-class Contributions (Individual Assessment)
· 10% Reflection paper (Individual Assessment)