Registration via LPIS
This course is designed as a Project Seminar offered by IHM for the Cross Functional Management (CFM) program. It focuses on a current topic within the area of Strategic Management and/or Strategic Leadership and apply them to profit and/or nonprofit organizations. Two organizations have been invited to serve as partners for this course.
Learn from practice: company projects
Representatives from our partner organizations (consumer goods/non-profit sector) provide real-life cases to emphasize the practical relevancy of this seminar.
Learn from each other: peer feedback
Through the class setting, participants are required to constantly present and discuss their current project progress in front of their peers. The goal is to establish a constructive feedback culture that all participating groups will benefit from.
Convince decision makers: project partners
Students have to present their strategic & operational decisions in front of a jury. Members of the jury will be our project partners as well as the course instructors.
After completing this course, students will have the ability to:
- cope with ambiguity
- structure complex and ill-defined problems
- have the ability to evaluate the market environment and react in a real business situation
- justify their business decisions in front of an experienced jury
Apart from that, completing this course will contribute to student's ability to:
- efficiently work and communicate in a team
- improve their oral and written communication and presentation skills
- learn to give and receive constructive feedback
Classes will be interactive. The project character determines the format of the course.
The course grade will be determined as follows:
- Individual reflection paper (5 pts)
- Take-home assignment (20 pts)
- Class participation/peer feedback (10 pts)
- Group presentations (30 pts)
- Final seminar paper (35 pts)
90% - 100%
80% - 89%
70% - 79%
60% - 69%
This course is exclusively offered to students enrolled in the Cross Functional Management (CFM) program. Students need to complete the following courses to register for the Project Seminar: Strategic Management and Strategic Leadership, as well as the course Advanced Strategic Management or Advanced Strategic Leadership.