Adopting a broad perspective, we will look at texts, writing and good academic practice in different disciplines.
After the course students will be able to
- select relevant sources for the use in their academic text.
- apply different reading strategies (scanning, extracting relevant information, goal-directed reading, etc.).
- summarize and synthesize research outcomes using their own words.
- choose and integrate citations appropriately.
- know different reference systems and apply them appropriately.
- write critical comments, relying on substantive arguments, sound argumentation and relevant examples.
- recognize plagiarism and know how to avoid it in their own work.