Registration via LPIS
This course focuses on the intersection of diversity – especially in terms of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religious belief and class – and culture in business and societal contexts. In order to discuss in detail these diverse phenomena based on diversity, the course is organized as block seminar. A written short paper after the course focuses on reflecting the processes in class based on scholarly results.
After attending this course, the students will be able to
- understand processes of inclusion and exclusion based on the different diversity dimension in combination with cultural aspects
- understand the (re)production of diversity dimensions in different cultural contexts in order to produce a strategic fit for the business context
- demonstrate more inclusive and emphatic behavior in situations of conflict with regard to diversity and culture based on the reflection of their own stereotypes
- combine these abilities in order to enter effectively into discussion about systems of anti-/discrimination in different contexts
Since this course is based on group discussions and group processes full attendance is required.
This course is based on presentations on theoretical approaches, case studies, videos and group discussions. A short paper after the course allows a comparison of the processes produced in class with research results.
The positive participation in the course is based on the following three compulsory elements:
- presence in all classes
- active participation in all classes (50%)
- short reflection paper based on research results (50%)
Registration required during the period of registration. For more information please visit the website of Cross Functional Management https://www.wu.ac.at/cross-functional-management