The course provides a framework for understanding, reviewing and critical analysis of alternative approaches to the study and the practice of social policy. After attending this course, students will be able to:
- outline and apply the conceptual foundations of social policy
- understand fundamental design principles of social security systems,
- identify alternative welfare state models,
- characterise social policies in selected countries,
- analyse and discuss social policy approaches against the background of major economic and social policy objectives,
- understand and discuss academic social policy papers.
In addition, students will:
- gain practice and improve their skills in writing, presenting and discussing their ideas.