This course will provide students with an overview of the functioning of organizations and their dependency on individual actors and their interaction within the organization. Human behavior in organizations is partly unpredictable because it arises from people’s deep-seated needs and value systems, which are often unknown to the organizational designer. This course aims to change that.
Areas that will be covered in the course:
- Methods to investigate individual-level attitudes & behavior (e.g., survey creation and analysis)
- Attitude development & perception
- Motivation & incentives
- Group structure & process
- Leadership behavior & power
- Interpersonal communication/ Conflict