The AG Introduction to Academic Writing will focus on academic writing in various disciplines and therefore serve as preparation for students who will write their bachelor's thesis in the current or following semester. Students will be encouraged to critically engage with original research and recognize quality criteria for academic texts. They will also be introduced to the importance of good academic practice and the consequences of academic fraud within and outside of WU.
In the course of five sessions, the following subjects will be covered:
- Literature search and reference management
- Academic texts and academic writing
- Types of academic writing
- Good Academic Practice and Plagiarism
- Knowledge Management and successful thesis writing