This elective course is about managing supply chains outlining operational aspects of transportation, logistics and supply chain management on a global level. A focus will be placed on the trade environment, export/import regulations, customs management, and trade facilitation. Furthermore, an introduction into trade management, including contracting issues, documentary paperwork, Incoterms® as well as means and modes of payment including the impact of digitization and digitalization is provided. Moreover, an insight into the highly relevant subjects of risk, security, and compliance management is given. The course will finish with the topic of transport management that includes organization of international good movements and multimodal transport operations.The course is held in six sessions structured as follows:
- Trade Environment: Legal framework of trade and export/import regulations
- Customs Management: Customs practices and trade facilitation
- Risk, Security, and Compliance Management
- Trade Management: Contracting issues, trade terms (esp. Incoterms 2020) and terms of payment
- Transport Management: Organization of international good movements
- Wrap-up: Process Models and Transport Management Issues
This sequence of sessions may change due to availablility of lecturers.