Registration via LPIS
- Corporate Governance
- Finance Theory
- Management Control
- Value-based (Performance) Management
Understand the linkages between strategy, finance and accounting in strategy formulation, implementation and evaluation
Understand the role of management control and the controller/management accountant in strategy implementation
Understand the relevance of corporate governance design and processes for management control
Understand the (dis)advantages of various management control practices to translate (strategic) goals into employee behavior
Understand and use state of the art academic research in the fields of strategy, management, and (management) accounting
- How to find appropriate research papers to stay current on important trends and topics in strategy and managerial accounting
- Be able to critically reflect on and benefit from state of the art research
- Link insights from research papers to practical problems in strategy, finance and accounting
Be able to respond adequately to questions in an interview situation under a high stress level
In order to successfully pass this course, your absence is limited to 20% of our appointments. Further information on course participation will be explained in the intro session.
The final seminar is usually conducted by Prof. Grabner and/or Prof. d'Arcy with the same number of participants.
In addition to a written mid-term examination, an oral final examination must be taken at the end of the LV with the respective LV leader, similar to the previous oral subject examination consisting of two parts.
- Preparation and short presentation of scientific articles
- Questions about the general understanding and connections in the substance
Your final grade will be composed of:
- Participation and Attendance (10%)
- Intermediate written exam covering sessions 1-3 (40%)
- Final oral examination covering all course content (50%)
In addition to a written mid-term examination, an oral final examination must be taken at the end of the course.
Please log in with your WU account to use all functionalities of read!t. For off-campus access to our licensed electronic resources, remember to activate your VPN connection connection. In case you encounter any technical problems or have questions regarding read!t, please feel free to contact the library at email@example.com.