The AG Introduction to Academic Writing will focus on academic writing in various disciplines and provides excellent preparation for students intending to start their bachelor's thesis in the current or following semester. Students will be encouraged to critically engage with original research and recognize quality criteria for academic texts. Moreover, students will be introduced to the importance of good academic practice and the consequences of academic fraud within and outside of WU.
In the course of five interactive sessions, the following subjects are covered:
- Literature search and reference management
- Academic texts and academic writing
- Different types of academic writing
- Good Academic Practice and Plagiarism
- Knowledge Management and successful thesis writing
Adopting a broad perspective, we will analyse academic texts and discuss good academic practice in different disciplines.