Registration via LPIS
This interactive course takes conventional managerial perspectives on the strategic leadership of organizations and applies them to the design of the participants' individual lives and careers in international business, as well as to managing in international contexts.
Fundamental notions of “purpose” and “vision” are translated to the personal level; basic elements of strategy are applied to help students evaluate fundamental choices about how they lead their lives – individually, locally, and globally.
The first three sessions of this course focus on developing the skills to design a fulfilling and impactful vision for a life within and with international business. Sessions 4-6 will each address a specialty topic, and practitioners are invited to provide insights into different aspects of international business.
"Designing Your Career in International Business" is preceded by a written assignment (due: October 6th) that requires a willingness to be introspective. During and between sessions, students are tasked with creating solutions for the challenges presented in class.
During this course, students will:
- be prompted to adopt a perspective and a stance towards their life that will help their attitudes, actions and experiences become more aligned with their values, priorities, and their ultimate definition of victory for living an extraordinary life
- examine what it means (and what it takes) to succeed in a variety of life domains, including (and not restricted to) designing a career in international business
- gain insights into the challenges in international business, and how to overcome them
This course uses a combination of different teaching/learning methods, such as
- Interactive lectures
- Individual reflection
- Student group work (in session)
- Guest speakers from the industry
- Peer feedback
- 50% participation in class (presence, engagement and exercises)
- 40% assignments (to be completed prior to session 1 and in between sessions)
- 10% peer review
Please log in with your WU account to use all functionalities of read!t. For off-campus access to our licensed electronic resources, remember to activate your VPN connection connection. In case you encounter any technical problems or have questions regarding read!t, please feel free to contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org.