Tools for Teaching 21/22
On these pages, you will find instructions and information on the following tools that you can use for your teaching during the academic year 21/22 in distance and/or hybrid mode (i.e. in the classroom):
- Microsoft Teams serves as both a web conferencing tool and a communication tool for exams. You can use Microsoft Teams in your office or in the classroom.
- Zoom serves as a web conferencing tool for your course. You can use Zoom either in your office or in the classroom.
- OBS studio is available for the purpose of screen recordings.
- Via the virtual PC rooms, you and your students can remotely access the PC rooms on Campus WU and thus access the software and programmes of the PCs in the PC rooms.
WU provides additonal tools and classroom technologies:
- Lecturecast Services: You can find information and instructions on the classroom technologies "Web Streaming" and "Lecture Recording" in the Media Guide on the WU website.
- Equipment for rental (IT Services): As a teacher, you can borrow small devices (laptops, tablets, etc.) from IT Services for your course.
- You will find more teaching tools on the WU website.
Borrowing & returning of equipment
If you want to use Microsoft Teams, Zoom or Web Streaming in the course rooms, you need certain equipment, which you can borrow for your course at the IT Service Desk in the Teaching Center (TC):
You need a microphone to transmit your audio. Each course room has its own microphone, which is configurated for this very room. Therefore, when borrowing at the IT Service desk, inform about the number of the room in which your lecture will take place. Only one microphone can be used per room (exception: Audimax). In the rooms (HS 120, HS 180) you can use two microphones.
Webcams are only available in limited numbers. If you have already received a webcam (Logitech C920) from IT Services for your WU workstation, please bring it with you. If you do not have a webcam, you can borrow one from the IT Service Desk.
For borrowing, please be ready with the following information:
- your course number and
- the room number of the course room in which your course is taking place
For borrowing and returning, please note the following:
- Wear a mouth and nose protection.
- Disinfect your hands.
- Pay attention to the floor markings and information signs at the IT Service Desk.
- Pay attention to the waiting queue appropriate for you. For borrowing and returning separate queues are provided.
- Never disinfect the equipment with disinfectant you have brought yourself. You receive the equipment already disinfected.
- Directly after your course session, return the equipment to the IT Service Desk. A direct handover to the next teacher is not permitted. Borrowing for several days is not possible, either.
- After 9 p.m., use the return flap behind the IT Service Desk.
You can download awith these hints.
In case there are problems during a transmission with Microsoft Teams or Zoom, you can contact the IT assistants (AV-Hotline: 01 31336 3003).
If you have suggestions, comments or feedback please send an e-mail to email@example.com.