Administration of online exams
Using the tools available at WU, you can administrate your exams online:
- Oral online exams can be conducted using Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
- Written online exams can be created and edited via MyLEARN. You have the option to use different exam formats:
- Remote-Take-Home Exam
- Online exams with calculations and graphs
- Online exams with closed and/or open questions
If you plan an online exam you can enter the requited information directly at the respective exam date in Rooms.
- Open the course administration in Rooms.
- Select "Online Unit" as room.
- Click on "Save".
- With a click on "P", mark the desired appointment as "exam".
- If this exam takes place as joint appointment with other courses (e.g. for a PI), mark this appointment as "same time as LV..." by clicking on "T".
- Confirm all entries and proceed to "Book".
Please note that the dates for examinations from the major examination week are booked directly by the staff of examination administration and the persons responsible for the examinations are informed about it.
You can decide whether you want to hold your online exam in the regular course environment or in a separate online examination environment. A separate exam environment allows for online proctoring, but it is necessary to add your students first.
If you want to use an online examination environment you can create it yourself through your Academic unit on MyLEARN. Here is an instruction to create an online examination environment.
BeAble students receive a compensation for the time disadvantages during their examination. The corresponding time extension must be taken into account by you, both in the design of BeAble exams and in the configuration of the examination statement and, if necessary, online supervision (in a separate online examination environment). In the following document "" (German only) you will find
- a precise step-by-step instruction on what you need to consider with regard to BeAble students during your exam (information, communication, exam design, if necessary consideration of writing assistants)
- process information for BeAble students without writing assistants
- process informatioin for BeAble students with writing assistants
Please contact the BeAble-Team for all questions with regard to BeAble students as exam participants.
For technical questions about the design of BeAble exams, please contact the team of Digital Teaching Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your written online exam you can request a technical support who will answer the student's questions regarding technical problems. For this, your exam has to fulfill the following criteria:
- The exam takes place in an online exam environment (OPU).
- At least 150 participants will take the exam.
- In the exam environment, the online supervision is activated.
Please direct your request for support to email@example.com and include a link to your online exam environment.