LV announcement & open phase
Winter term 2021 / 22
The winter term 2021/22 will once again be planned as a hybrid semester, but with the clear goal of holding significantly more teaching on campus:
- The announcement for the winter term 2021/22 will start on March 15, 2021 - pleases refer to the schedule planner for all other dates.
- For planning purposes, the 1-meter hygiene distances will continue to be assumed. The number of seats in the teaching rooms remains reduced (the overview can be found in Rooms). Please note that larger rooms than usual will not be available.
- Courses with more than 65 participants are to be held online, so taht lecture halls avaiable for such capacities can be prioritized for exams.
- Exams with more than 400 students shall also continue to be held as online exams due to reduced seating. Major exam weeks will be scheduled as hybrid weeks.
- Exams with fewer than 400 students will be scheduled on campus. However, due to limited space resources, these will be planned to be held on Saturdays as well.
- Courses may be held in hybrid mode or distance mode.
- Hybrid mode includes all course designs that combine classroom elements with online or extended self-study elements. You can find more information and examples on the distance learning pages.
- Apart from courses with more than 65 participants, pure distance mode courses should be the minority in the winter term 2021/22, i.e. no more than a maximum of 20%-25% per program.
- Should teaching units be planned in an event room (festival hall, club room, etc.), it is absolutely necessary to contact the event management (email@example.com).
- Course and exam dates held in the institute's own meeting rooms cannot be supported by WU (Campus Management / Facility Management or IT Support).
- Microsoft Teams is available in all lecture rooms.
- If you need a lecturecast room for your appointments, please take this into account when choosing a teacher room or make a note in Rooms for your colleagues of Teaching Coordination.
Information about on-campus examinations can be found here.
Since further information in rooms is required to hold an online examination, these dates were not automatically confirmed by the teaching coordination team.
If you would like to reschedule an online exam as an on campus exam, please coordinate this with the registered students in time. Also make sure that the classroom you have booked has enough capacity for the exam.