Online Exam environment on MyLEARN
You can create your online exam in your course environment or in an online exam environment.
The online exam environment contains general (standardized) information for the students and a template for specific information regarding your exam, which you should complete. All information in the online exam environment with the exception of the examination statement is accessible to your students as soon as they are assigned to the online exam environment:
- "Important Information" and “Information on this online examination environment”
These are displayed for students at the homepage of the online examination environment. They contain information about the online exam environment and about the automated online supervision, if planned.
- „Online Exam“
This entry in the left side menu contains information about the written online exam. Please complete the information and release it for the students in good time (2-3 days) before the exam.
- "Online Supervision"
This entry in the left side menu informs students about the existence of online supervision and links to the data protection declaration. Remove this content if you will not be using online supervision for the exam.
- "Technical Checklist"
This entry in the left side menu informs students about the technical equipment required to take part in a written online exam with and without online supervision.
- „Microsoft Teams”
This entry in the left side menu contains the link to Microsoft Teams for communication before and during an online exam. You can find more information on communication HERE.
- „Identity Confirmation“
This entry in the left side menu contains a task (ToDo). Students must upload a photo of their face and student ID (or another official photo ID ) next to each other 2-3 days before the start of the exam, if an identity check is planned. The examiner can decide whether to use this verification option for the exam. Under student submissions you can see which students have not yet uploaded a photo. You can start at any time to check the uploaded photos for identity verification.
The examination statement is activated 30 minutes before the start of the exam. If online supervision is available, the examination statement will be displayed at the end of the Pre-Check Online Supervision. If online supervision is not planned, the examination statement will be displayed in the browser window as soon as the time of activation of the examination statement is reached. Students must read and accept the examination statement. Students will only get access to the online exam environment if they have previously accepted the examination statement. The examination statement must be activated for each written online exam, including exams in your own course environment.
Online Exam Environment with online supervision in student view
Only for "Großprüfungen":
Students who have registered for the exam via LPIS are automatically added to the online exam environment after the registration deadline. From this point on, students can view all information - apart from the examination declaration. However, they cannot access the exam.
How do I add students to my online exam?
If you want to add your students who register for the exam via LPIS or the students from your course to an online exam environment, you can use the CSV file from LPIS or your course in MyLEARN:
- Visit the online exam environment.
- Click on "Administrate" and then "members".
- Click on the button "Bulk Member Add".
- Choose the CSV file you saved before and confirm with a click on "OK".
- You can repeat the steps above with all CSV files.
You can add students from different courses to an online exam environment with this step-by-step instruction. If a student is a member of an online exam environment, they have access to already released content in the online exam environment.
How do I create the online exam?
You can create your online exam in the online exam environment. Here you can find step-by-step instructions for creating the distance exam.
Please consider the following points:
- Don’t forget to enter the starting time and date and the end time and date of the exam. Only within this processing time, students can work on the exam.
- Release the exam and the exam questions 30 minutes before the start of the exam. How to release the exam and the questions, can be found here. The release of an exam means that the exam is only visible for the students, but they cannot work on it, yet. Students can start the exam only from the starting date and time entered by you. If students try to start the exam before the starting time, they get the notification: “You will be able to complete this activity between [Start date and time] and [end date and time]“.