The course introduces students to Project Management and to project-oriented organizations. Students learn basic concepts and principles of Project Management and Project Leadership. The course covers project management methods such as project objectives plan, work break down structure, project scheduling, project stakeholder management, project organisation and roles. We look into agility and agil teams in projects and work with canban, user stories and design thinking. Students apply these methods and concepts on their training projects. This interactive course is both, theoretically based and hands on. By that it allows insights into the Project Management practice and enables students to reflect benefits and limits of project management.
Language of instruction
- Understanding of projects as temporary organizations developed.
- Core project management methods were applied and main PM standards are known.
- The concept of the project-oriented organization and examples from practice reflected.
≥ 80 % Attendance Requirement
- Assignment 1: Project Vernissage (group work)
- Assignment 2: Draft Project Manual (group work)
- Assignment 3: Final Project Manual (group work)
- Assignment 4: Individual Reflection Paper (individual work)
· Assignment 1: Project Vernissage (group work)
· Assignment 2: Draft Project Manual (group work)
· Assignment 3: Final Project Manual (group work)
· Individual Reflection Paper (individual work)
- You are expected to have completed assignments and rework class exercises after each workshop. You are responsible for your training project flip charts, and that you have them either documented or bring them to class.
- PowerPoint lectures and assignments are posted throughout the semester at Learn@WU.
- Emails will be sent to university email accounts.
- If your expectations for the course are not being met or if you are concerned about your grade or other course related matters, please talk to your instructor as soon as possible.
- Full attendance and participation in class is expected. You must be present at least 80% and if you miss part of a class you need to tell the lecturer before.