- Understanding of projects as temporary organisations developed.
- Core project management methods were applied, students can structure simple projects.
- Agile, hybrid, traditional project approaches and their blending.
- Basic understanding, benefits and limits of project management developed.
Registration via LPIS
|Thursday||12/02/21||10:00 AM - 03:30 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Friday||12/03/21||10:00 AM - 03:30 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Thursday||12/09/21||10:00 AM - 03:30 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Monday||12/13/21||10:00 AM - 01:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Thursday||12/16/21||10:00 AM - 01:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
This course will be held ONLINE
The course introduces students to contemporary Project Management. Students learn basic concepts and principles of Project Management and social competencies as basis for Project Leadership. The course covers project management methods such as project objectives plan, work break down structure, project scheduling, project stakeholder management, project organisation and roles. Students apply these methods and concepts on their training projects. We also look into agility and agile teams in projects and reflect agile, hybrid and traditional project approaches. This online interactive course is both, theoretically based and hands on. By that it allows insights into the Project Management practice and enables students to reflect benefits and limits of project management. The course enables students to manage small to medium projects on their own.
The course is organised with online sessions. In these sessions, full attendance is expected. However we understand that there might be overlaps with other courses. Please inform the lecturer, if there are problems and you cannot participate in a certain session. There is a a tolerance of missing up to 20% of the online sessions, but you need an agreement with the lecturer before the session.
- You are expected to have completed assignments and rework class exercises after each workshop. You are responsible for your training project flip charts, and that you have them either documented or bring them to class.
- PowerPoint lectures and assignments are posted throughout the semester at learn@WU.
- Emails will be sent to students´ university email accounts.
- An electronic version of the assignments should be submitted through learn@WU, by the date agreed on. Any assignment that is late will receive a score of zero. You need to be able to present the assignments in class.
- If your expectations for the course are not being met or if you are concerned about your grade or other course related matters, please talk to the lecturer as soon as possible.
- Full attendance and participation in class is expected. You may miss up to 5 hours, but you need to tell the lecturer before.
Further Information to Online Sessions
· We use 2 tools
o Learn for resources, forum, submission of assignments, evaluations
o MS teams for the online sessions (including chat and a prepared channel for each group)
· MS Teams
o We establish a virtual group (classroom) in MS Teams
o Please add a profile photo of yourself in MS Teams
o For the firt session please dial in to MS Teams 15 minutes before the start!
o Only use the mail address that is used in learn, this is also how you are registered in MS Teams for this course
o Turn off your microphone when you listen to reduce background noticeso
o Please use your camera whenever possible
· During the online sessions
o We work with inputs, group work and presentations
o We take at least one break in the online sessions
o We clearly agree on the timing of group works and breaks
o Please be back on time
· How to ask questions in online sessions
o During inputs, I pauses after a few slides and asks questions to allow interaction
o Use the chat to answer these questions, unless I call your name and ask you to talk
o You can use the chat to also ask questions during the presentation, I try to integrate these in the presentation
o There is Q&A after each input
· Group work
o We establish stable groups for the entire course
o For group works we established channels in our MS Teams group
o Group work also takes place during the online sessions
o For group work, the duration is clearly communicated, please be back from group work on time
o Each group announces a group speaker. The group speaker communicates when the group is back from group works
o In each group work you agree on a facilitator. The facilitator may change in the different group sessions. The task of the facilitator is to summarize briefly the task, allow all group members to participate, moderate the process, and keep the time.
o An attendance of 80% is required to complete the course
o Please inform the lecturer in advance if you are unable to attend all or a part of a session
· We have different competencies in online working and MS Teams
o We have patience with others and with ourselves
o We support each other
o We see the process as a learning opportunity, are flexible, adaptations might be necessary
o First name-calling ok?
o We make the best out of it!