Registration via LPIS
|Monday||10/10/22||02:00 PM - 06:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Monday||10/24/22||02:00 PM - 06:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Monday||11/28/22||02:00 PM - 06:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Monday||12/12/22||03:00 PM - 06:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
|Monday||01/09/23||02:00 PM - 06:00 PM||Online-Einheit|
The course introduces students to the basic concepts and principles of Project Management. It covers selected core methods like project objectives plan, work break down structure, project scheduling, project stakeholder management. Students apply these methods and concepts on their training projects and learn how to consider sustainable development principles in project management. Students develop a sound understanding of selected project management methods and reflect on trends in project management such as data analytics, agile, hybrid, artificial intelligence and sustainability. This interactive course is both theoretically based and hands on. By that the course enables students to reflect benefits and limits of Project Management and prepares them to apply Project Management in business context.
- Understanding of projects as temporary organisations developed.
- Core project management methods were applied.
- Core Project Management standards are known.
- Benefits and limits in project management were identified and described.
- New trends in Project Management were reflected.
Full attendance and participation in class is expected. You may miss up to 5 hours, but you need to tell the lecturer before
- Workshop with emphasis on active student engagement, group works
- E-supported learning with Learn@WU (https://learn.wu.ac.at)
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
- We use 2 tools
- Learn for resources, forum, contributions, evaluations
- MS teams for the online sessions (including chat and a prepared channel for each group)
- MS Teams
- We establish a virtual group (classroom) in MS Teams
- Please add a profile photo of yourself in MS-Teams
- For the first session please dial in 15 minutes before the start
- Only use the mail address that is used in learn, this is also how you are registered in MS Teams for this course
- Turn off your microphone when you listen to reduce background notices
- Please use your camera in the sessions
- During the online sessions
- We work with inputs, group work and presentations
- We take at least one break in the online sessions
- We clearly agree on the timing of group works and breaks
- Please be back on time
- How to ask questions in online sessions
- During inputs, I pause after a few slides and ask questions to allow interaction
- Use the chat to answer these questions, unless I call your name and ask you to talk
- You can use the chat to also ask questions during the presentation, I try to integrate these in the presentation
- There is Q&A after each input
- Group work
- We establish stable groups for the entire course
- For group works we established channels in our MS Teams group
- Group work also takes place during the online sessions
- For group work, the duration is clearly communicated, please be back from group work on time
- Each group announces a group speaker. The group speaker communicates when the group is back from group works
- In each group work you agree on a facilitator. The facilitator may change in the different group sessions. The task of the facilitator is to summarize briefly the task, allow all group members to participate, moderate the process, and keep the time.
- An attendance of 80% is required to complete the course
- Please inform the lecturer in advance if you are unable to attend all or part of a session
- We have different competencies in online working and MS Teams
- We have patience with others and with ourselves
- We support each other
- We see the process as a learning opportunity, are flexible, adaptations might be necessary
- First name-calling ok?
- We make the best out of it!