You can assign specific permissions for all applications.
How can I change the permissions for an entire application?
By default, all applications are preset for certain groups of users. However, you can also assign specific permissions for the entire application or for individual parts of an application. Here is how you can change permissions for the entire application:
- Go to the overview page that lists all applications under “Administrate” and “Applications”.
- Next to the appropriate application, click on “Permissions” to see an overview of the current permission settings.
- Click the button “Disable preset permissions” to edit the permissions or
- Click the button “Grant permission to additional user” to assign permissions to specific users.
You can give overall permissions for the entire application to groups of users or individual members. Please note, however, that you can only select users who are members of the respective course.
How can I change individual permissions within a course?
In different applications, you can modify individual permissions for specific elements, for instance forums, folders, file storage, wiki pages, and chat rooms.
- In the appropriate application, go to the page where you can change the permission settings (see chat , file storage , forums , wiki ).
You can modify the permissions in two ways.
- Select or deselect the different permission options (Read, Create, etc.).
- Click on “Confirm” to save the settings.
- Click the button “Grant permission” to assign a permission to a specific user.
- Select “admin”.
- Select the appropriate person, ideally by entering his or her student ID number or WU username.
- Click “OK” twice.
Once you’ve saved your changes, the users or groups of users selected have customized permissions for working with the contents of the application.