The file storage application allows students to exchange files among themselves. Students can upload files and view and edit all files.
How can I change access permissions for specific folders?
Once you’ve activated file storage, the application is available to all members. By default, all members can upload and view files. However, you can also restrict folder access to specific groups of users.
- Create a folder in the file storage application.
- Click the button “Modify permissions on this folder” to go to the overview of all the permissions that are currently in effect.
You can modify the permissions in two ways.
- Select or deselect the different permission options (Read, Create, etc.).
- Click on “Confirm” to save the settings.
- Click the button “Grant Permission” to assign a permission to a specific user.
- Select “admin”.
- Select the appropriate person, ideally by entering his or her student ID number or WU username.
- Click “OK” twice.
Once you’ve saved your changes, only the selected groups of users can access the content of the folder.